Hello, my name is Harry Powell and i live in London, UK. I currently train various forms of martial arts out of London Shootfighters East, in Blackwall, London.
Martial Arts, from both a physical, mental and philosophical point of view has been an interest of mine for many years, from training in Kickboxing and point-style Karate as a child to now taking up MMA (Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, BJJ (Gi and No-Gi)) in a more time dominant, committed and habitual fashion.
I have started The Fifth Round as a way for me to put down my thoughts on subjects ranging from:
- Martial arts as a whole.
- MMA news.
- Fight and fight card breakdown fights.
- Talking about various techniques or styles.
- My own experiences with the high’s and lows that come with training and competing in Martial Arts.
- Nutrition and diet.
- Life (as life is a martial art in itself).
- Anything that I feel is lacking in information in the public sphere that I feel I either have an opinion on or would like to find out more about.
I am not an expert in any topic, but I think that learning is the only method of survival, one of the main teachings i have taken from my short BJJ journey is that without learning, we will die.
If you have any questions, or want to contact me further, either leave a comment or tweet me: @HarryPowellMMA